Kevin Qualls Family Law
Maintaining Professionalism. Preserving Civility. Finding Answers. Practical Guidance On Important Divorce And Custody Matters

August 2015 Archives

Mother violates court order; on the run with daughter

A divorce can have a crippling effect on a family. The situation can be even more difficult if there are children involved. Emotions run high and, typically, both parents want to have legal custody. Hence, in the best interest of the child, courts often grant legal custody to both parents. That means that while the child still lives with one parent, both parents make decisions regarding education and health care coverage as well as other important matters together.

How is child support modification requested in California?

In California and in the entire United States, divorce is often very difficult for the children. They typically feel insecure as a result of one parent moving out of the home. The child may also be concerned about where that child will live and who will pay for all of that child's expenses. Hence, in the best interest of the child, courts in the United States, including those in California, typically grant the custody of the child to one parent and order the other parent to pay child support.

Property division matters of unmarried couples-Part II

When an unmarried couple lives together in Orange County, or anywhere else in California, for a long period of time, they have probably acquired a number of assets during that time. Often, the most expensive asset that such couples acquire is a house. In an earlier post, we discussed how an unmarried couple may divide the house in the event of a breakup.

Property division matters of unmarried couples-Part I

If an unmarried couple in California or anywhere else in the United States lives under the same roof for a significant amount of time, there is a good chance that the couple might acquire property together. So, what happens in the event that the couple separates? What are the laws that govern property division in such a case?

Kevin Qualls Family Law
625 The City Drive South
Suite 470
Orange, CA 92868
Toll Free: 800-783-1934
Fax: 714-750-5983
Map and Directions