Kevin Qualls Family Law
Maintaining Professionalism. Preserving Civility. Finding Answers. Practical Guidance On Important Divorce And Custody Matters

Legal formalities for child support complaints in California

In a child support situation, the custodial parent often has issues involving the noncustodial parent because that parent either pays late or not at all. On the other hand, some noncustodial parents also feel justified in consulting a family law attorney to initiate a child support payment complaint in the event that the custodial parent has obtained a child support payment that is unfair and also, does not take into account the financial obligations or the financial standing of the noncustodial parent.

An experienced attorney, like Kevin Qualls, has worked often with the California Department of Child Support Services in order to help parents resolve issues regarding child support payments. State and local agencies are often involved in cases where the custodial parent files a complaint because child support payments are not paid on time.

Late child support payments can lead to serious issues for custodial parents as well as for the minor children who are supported by the money. The situation can often get worse in a case where the custodial parent does not have a great deal of independent money or when the minor child has special needs -- such as a need for medical treatment. A knowledgeable attorney can draft a formal legal complaint in order to help the custodial parent as well as the minor child.

In some cases, the noncustodial parent will consult an attorney to lodge a complaint to modify a child support payment order. Child support payments can be terminated once the child reaches 18-years-old, when the noncustodial parent becomes the custodial parent or when the noncustodial parent and that parent's attorney can prove that there has been a substantial change in the circumstances, which justify an appeal for child support payment modification.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Kevin Qualls Family Law
625 The City Drive South
Suite 470
Orange, CA 92868
Toll Free: 800-783-1934
Fax: 714-750-5983
Map and Directions