Relocation And Move-Aways

After a child's parents part ways, there is always the chance that one parent will want to move away. In many cases, a job opportunity, a new relationship or a family need prompts the relocation. Of course, the move can create complications with regard to the child or children who are involved. In some situations, these complications should be addressed with the help of an attorney who can protect the rights of parents and children.

Protect Your Rights | Safeguard Your Relationship With Your Child

At Kevin Qualls Family Law, based in Orange County, we have been handling move-away cases for more than 20 years. We are experienced in protecting our clients' rights and safeguarding their relationships with their children. We know California law as it relates to child custody, visitation and the modification of child custody orders.

If you are relocating, or your child's other parent is planning to move (or has already moved), we can help you by:

  • Petitioning a court for a change in your custody and/or visitation arrangements
  • Challenging a move-away proposal if it will inappropriately separate you from your child or children
  • Advising you regarding your rights and your co-parent's rights
  • Addressing related issues of child support, if applicable

Move-away situations can be tense and emotional. Whether you or your co-parent is interested in moving out of state or to another part of California, we can provide the advice you need.

Contact Us For A Free Consultation

Talk to an Orange County lawyer for parent relocation matters. Contact us for a free consultation.